As community partners, Oshawa Power engages with our community to support a variety of events and programs that support the good health and well-being of our city, build a sustainable community & honour veterans and local heroes. We are proud to be considered valuable community partners.
Building the good health and well-being of our communities
- Public Safety Campaigns with local schools and events
- Mayor’s Charity Luncheon that supports cancer research
- Various golf events that contribute to supporting the community including; Heart Place, CAREA, OSCC
- Touch-a-Truck participant
- Simcoe Hall Backpack Program
A sustainable city & communities
- Member of the Oshawa Downtown BIA
- Member of the Oshawa Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Oshawa Philharmonic
Oshawa Power is committed to making big and small changes that support the planet. We are dedicated to searching out and participating in opportunities supporting our goals of taking Climate Action and increasing availability of Affordable and Clean Energy.
We are an active proponent of education activities surrounding climate action and the adoption of EVs as part of the future for a sustainable Oshawa including:
Maintaining the health of our planet is a key driver in developing healthy and diverse communities that can continue to thrive for generations to come.
Oshawa Power is committed to making big and small changes that create opportunities for prosperity across the City. Projects and events that we support include reducing inequities, supporting opportunities to advance girls in STEM, and supporting local charity initiatives.
Reducing inequities and creating inclusive environments
- Supporting girls in STEM at Parkwood Estates Tea
- Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) funds, provide a one-time grant for emergency situations, administered for Oshawa Power through the United Way ― reaching our customers who need it the most
- Oshawa Power Compassion Fund – reaches hundreds of customers annually, ensuring they stay connected to the services they have grown to depend upon
- CAREA – Durham Community Health Care
- Hearth Place, Cancer Support Centre
- Oshawa Seniors Community Centre
- Back Door Mission