As a business, understanding how much energy your business is consuming is vital to understanding and potentially lowering your costs. We can offer you our assistance to help manage your energy needs. We can offer you services like a free High-Level-Walk-Through assessment of your business, free detailed facility assessment audit and assistance with writing and submitting government incentive applications. For more information go to http://opuc.on.ca/energy-efficient-for-business .
Are you looking for a district energy system solution for your business? Oshawa Power is leading the way in technology and innovation. We have extensive experience in building the right solution for your business, for more information go to Energy Services & Innovation.
We are here to help ensure you are receiving the very best service. In the evolving world of energy we are prepared to face the ever changing energy needs of our customers through smart and simple energy choices that contribute to our overall sustainability for our community.
To learn more about Ontario’s Long Term Energy Plan go to www.ontario.ca/energyplan or call 1(888)668-4636
Bill Information: make the same as Residential Bill Information except remove Ontario Clean Energy Benefit, Self Declaration Form for Relief from OCEB limit, and change the Residential policies to Commercial Policies
We often receive questions about the following policies. They are included here for your information. If you have any questions please call and we will answer them for you.
Privacy of Personal Information
This policy was initiated to comply with federal legislation which requires us to keep information about our customers private. We will not release information to unauthorized persons or to authorized persons who do not properly identify themselves.
- For a General Service Customer with demand under 50kW the deposit will be held for a minimum of five years of good payment history or until the distribution service is terminated.
- For a General Service Customer with demand over 50kW and under 5000 kW the full deposit will be held for a minimum of seven years or until the distribution service is terminated, whichever is sooner. After seven years of good payment history the deposit will be returned.
- For a General Service Customer with demand over 5000 kW the full deposit will be held for a minimum of seven years or until the distribution service is terminated, whichever is sooner. After seven years of good payment history 50% of the deposit will be returned.
- All amounts held on deposit will be applied to the final bill upon termination of the distribution service.
- Deposit payments will be collected from all new customers when an application for distribution services is made
For more information regarding the commercial deposit policy please call us 905-723-4623
Security Deposits for Condominiums
Bulk-metered residential condominiums will be treated as residential customers for security deposit purposes. The deposit, when required, will be held for a maximum of one year. For these security deposit rules to apply, qualifying electricity consumers must provide a signed declaration (this form) to our offices attesting to their legal status as a residential condominium corporation.